Sky successfully work with a number of agents throughout the UK, who sell Sky subscriptions on their behalf. Each agent is given a commission for the sales made, however it does not necessarily reach the individual sales representative within the agents business. To increase the awareness to the sales representatives within each agent Sky were looking to incentivise them directly, in addition to the current commission structure in place. They had previously used a points based system which had not been well received by the individuals.
Ovation Incentives worked with Sky to put together a bespoke online rewards platform, utilising their successful Universal Voucher system which awards values instead of points.
Each time an agents’ representative sold a Sky TV package, they were able to register on the branded online portal, claim the contract number and receive their reward instantly. Ovation developed a system that integrated directly with Sky to ensure contracts claimed were valid, and ensuring minimal administration to Sky.
- An online reward system that would allow staff within each Agent to claim for TV, phone and broadband packages sold.
- Each contract would be awarded a Universal Voucher Code at a value agreed by BSkyB – redeemable online for their choice from 96 retailers in the UK.
- Ovation would handle all voucher fulfilment.
- In the first 3 months of launching the scheme, over 370 users registered (estimated 60% of total participants) and more than 350 contracts were claimed.
- In addition to the increase in sales made by the agents, Sky were able to capture key marketing information of the individual reps and send key information directly to them.
"Ovation really helped us connect with our third parties in a way we had not been able to before. They engaged and developed a rewards scheme that was bespoke to our needs and that of our retailers, the campaign has resulted in a significant increase in sales." – Business Strategy Manager - Sky